Wednesday, November 27, 2013

How Stella, I Mean Jaclyn, Finally Got Her Groove Back

Seeing as how Kim Kardashian is now 33, engaged to Kanye West, (you know, the most humble man alive), and even managed to make her ass bigger by popping out a kid, it clearly has been one hell of a long time since I've last written a post for this blog. To be honest, I actually forgot about this blog and even forgot how much I loved to write; I lost my spark, to say the least.

I believe it all started going downhill for me after I graduated college, big surprise there right? I'm pretty sure every college graduate from the past few years is nodding their head in agreement with me here. Flashback to May 2011, I was a fresh-faced, naïve college graduate who thought every door of every magazine company was going to open up just for me, red carpet and all, and offer me the best editing job ever. Hold on one moment while I pop my own bubble and drag my ass back down to reality. Want to know what really happened? I couldn't get a job. Oh, my mistake I actually did have two jobs. I was a journalism major who worked at Starbucks and was a nanny. Wow, I was really going places in life.

After six months of constant rejection and way too much loneliness for a social butterfly such as myself, I decided I no longer liked how unkind New York had been treating me. So, I packed my shit up, moved out of my apartment and moved back into my parents house in Rhode Island. Now, mind you, I am fully aware that there is no Cosmopolitan or Entertainment Weekly even close to the perimeter of RI, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices and I sacrificed my career for my own personal happiness. Judge all you like but it was a decision that had to be made and honestly, I don't regret it one bit.

Present day: it's been two and a half years after I graduated college and, am I where I thought I would be? No, absolutely not. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I still managed to live this Carrie Bradshaw-lifestyle in RI because anyone who knows me will easily call me out on my shit. Plus, nobody likes a liar, now do they? Anyways, I've come to realize that within the last two years, I had lost my love of writing. It's quite unfortunate seeing as how it's one of my main passions, (besides TV, you did see the title of this blog, right?), and something I knew I had wanted to do since I was a kid. I think sometimes its very easy to doubt your own talents and let them fall through the cracks especially since rejection, of any kind, is disheartening to say the least. But, with recent realizations, inspirations, epiphanies, and much needed kicks in the ass from some pretty amazing people (Kyle, Laura, Meaghan, Christina, Jenna, and Sira), I am getting back to my roots, getting back to my passion, and finally, getting my groove back.

2 comments:

  1. Amen sistah! That's all I have to say....

    xoxo
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you. I giggled quite a few times reading this- you still have it jac... and you def got your grove back. Ill be reading each and every one, keep em coming.

    Love you !!!!!
    Xoxox
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete